Wooohoooo...it's that time of year again. GIRLS WEEKEND!!!!! Every woman needs a girls weekend. Just to rejuvinate and focus on yourself for once. No dirty diapers, teeth to brush, mouths to feed, butts to wipe....NUTHIN'! Its all about you, your bestest friends and laughing and relaxing all weekend. It's magical. I honestly wasn't planning on going this year since I just had a baby and I know its hard to leave and the thought of leaving my man home with all the kids but of all people he's so capable. Probably more so than me and he said "Just go". Hey, you don't have to tell me twice. So tomorrow we leave. Nine of us on a weekend of pure fun. Such good times and I can't wait to see what this year holds. We do plan on heading back to the area Saturday night to catch a concert. SUGARLAND. My new favorite band. I'm not a redneck or country girl at all but there's something about them that I love. Maybe cause she seems so bubbly and fun and that she could easily be our 10th girl on our girls weekend. Plus I love their music. I've converted this year - never ever even liked country music but I think Carrie Underwood transformed me. Its more of the pop type country I like. Not that twangy schtuff. Just can't handle that type of music and I love most types of music. Opera, Rap, R&B, Rock, Pop, etc and now Country. Can't believe it. I must say the new band Lady Antebellum is a must get. Love his voice. If I can figure out how to add the music part to this blog, I will. May have to ask my girl Justine. www.justines-cafe.blogspot.com/ Hope she doesn't mind me posting her blog info but isn't that the point of a blog. For people to read it? I'm still new to this.
Well I gotta run, my little man is buggin me to play Mario Kart on the Wii. I've become quite the racer.
So hopefully I'll update again after the weekend with some funny tales of the weekend. Oh the stories I could post from years past.
Wow, two days in a row - two posts. This is easier than I thought.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Have a super weekend Lori! You deserve a break :)
Candy
Welcome to blogland Ferklet mama!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in drunkenness from this coming weekend! Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! Break out the Coors Lite! That is your drink of choice, right? See, I really do know my loopies!
Justine :o )
Hope the weekend was awesome. :)
Post a Comment